Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hampton-proofing...

Since Hampton is into everything these days, I spend most of my day chasing him and trying to keep him out of things that he can either break or will hurt him. I thought the "baby-proofing" thing would be easy, but it's one of those things you have to just do all along the way as you notice things that are problems. Of course, we've covered outlets and latched cabinets that have dangerous items in them. But, we're seeing that an avalanche of pots and pans may be dangerous too! So we're going to have to latch ALL cabinets, I'm afraid.

As you can see, I put up a baby gate in the doorway from our kitchen to our dining room. My plan is to contain him in the living room and kitchen areas, and keep him out of the area that contains the stairs and other things he needs to stay away from. I need to pick up one more baby gate, and I'll have that taken care of. Then it will be time for him to discover something else!

We have had a GREAT day today! Hampton took a wonderfully-long nap this morning, so I was able to get so many things accomplished. We are looking forward to a visit from Nana and PawPaw, MaMaw & Tobie (the Daschund - sp?) this week. They will be here on Friday and will be staying until the 26th. We're having Hampton's FIRST BIRTHDAY party on Saturday, October 25th, so stay tuned for pictures from this week! He will be one on the 28th. I can't believe it!
OK, enough narrative (right, Pastor Spargo?...turkey!).
Adrienne

1 comment:

  1. I cant beleive he is going to be one! That cant possibly be right.

    ReplyDelete