Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year! Another year for FIRSTS.




We have experienced a lot of FIRSTS lately.

1. We are so excited that Hampton has started walking now! He took his first "official" step back in November, but it took him a while to get the hang of doing it full time. He is a pro now. Well, you know...he still has the "mummy walk," but he gets around pretty well. In fact, Clint and I have seen him do a little run a couple of times this past weekend. So he's getting more confident. I posted a video so you can see him walking too.

2. Hampton got his first haircut last Saturday. His hair was really getting long, and it was looking a little messy, so we took him to Cartoon Cuts at the mall. We were bracing ourselves for a stressful experience, but it was great! He sat there like a perfect little gentleman and let them cut his hair. He had been really cranky that day too, so it was a real surprise. We gave him a lollipop afterwards, and he loved it. I mean he really LOVED it - a real passion for candy! Uh-oh. And boy, was he wound up afterwards! We've never seen him so hyper! We love his haircut. I was so nervous and didn't want him to be scalped. I was made even more nervous when the hairstylist spoke virtually no English. But it turned out to be a really cute hair cut. Check out the pictures below. He looks like a little man now. You may want to click on the second picture so you can see it enlarged...check out his facial expression! I love the crooked smile!

3. He used a fork for the first time. I know...big deal...but this is my blog and my baby, so I can write about it if I want. HAHA! I'm proud of him!! I tried to catch him on video using it but to no avail.

Well, I hope you enjoy catching up on the "Hampton Happenings" for the week. Maybe I should've given the blog this name because it is all about our sweet little guy lately. We're boring, but he is the life of the party! Check out the video of him laughing...it is too funny!


2 comments:

  1. Ok, too cute! Love his haircut!! Did you save any "locks" of hair??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he's got enough hair to get it cut! I can't wait til Adison gets more hair. He's got a natural mohawk. Just one streak of thick hair running down the center of his head! :) I must say though, he's cute enough to pull it off.
    Jonathan told me that Brad's wife was the former Pastor's daughter. I don't her, met her once. My family grew up with her husband and his family. Tis' a small world! Hope all is well in FL. We miss you guys!
    Love, Steph

    ReplyDelete