Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our Little Conductor




Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. I've been VERY busy chasing this little boy! I've also been battling a cold or something which makes things more difficult. I feel much better now, so I thought I'd update you on Hampton's world a little while I have a few quiet minutes (he's napping!). Hampton is into EVERYTHING. I know I've said that in previous posts, but he kicks it up a notch every day! On Sunday night, Clint and I were getting dinner ready to put on the table, and Clint looked over and told me to look at Hampton. Hampton had climbed up in the kitchen chair by himself and was sitting there holding his spoon up as if he were saying, "bring me something to eat!" We couldn't believe it! I said then, "Please help me, Lord!" I wasn't being facetious either! With him learning to climb like this, it raises the danger level and will make me stay on alert like never before! I had a "safe" zone that was out of his reach, but now that he can pull things up and climb, that idea is shot! Oh well...
He is SO much fun, though. He is starting to talk a little. His favorite food so far is PIZZA and he can say that word pretty clearly! I can get him to eat that when he won't eat anything else. As you can see in the pictures above, he REALLY enjoyed it this day!
The other picture was just really cute. He was in his PJ's and still had that sleepy look, so I wanted to take his picture.
The funniest thing about Hampton is that when he hears music, he waves his arms like he is directing it. We are not sure where he learned this unless it was when we took him into our Sunday School class at church and he saw the music minister doing it. It is the CUTEST thing! The other night, I was practicing with the Ladies Ensemble at church, and he was standing by the piano "directing" our group!!! I actually caught him on video on my cell phone doing it. I cannot figure out how to transfer that to the blog though. I'm going to keep working on it or see if I can catch him with the video camera. I think we have a future orchestra conductor, minister of music, or band director on our hands!!
Well, that's all for now. I'll try to be better about posting something sooner. Hampton's Nana, PawPaw, Mamaw and Tobie are coming to visit on Friday, so we'll have some pictures to share from that.

More to come,
Adrienne (for the three of us!)

1 comment:

  1. "I think we have a future orchestra conductor, minister of music, or band director on our hands!!"

    He may be all of those wrapped up into one amazing guy!

    ReplyDelete