Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Questions

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? definitely hot chocolate. I hate egg nog!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? I'm not sure...this is our first year to do Santa with Hampton, and I'm not sure he'll even understand yet.

3. Colored or white lights on tree/house? I prefer white for our tree, but I like colored on Hampton's tree.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I would if I knew where to get it and how to hang it.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever I MAKE myself do it. I love it when it's all done, but I do not enjoy doing it.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Not sure...?

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? When my parents tricked me about a gift I wanted SO badly. They found a similarly-shaped box and wrapped it up. I was so disappointed when I opened it because I just KNEW I was getting what I had asked for! Of course, they gave it to me, but I had to sweat a little.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I really don't remember truly believing in Santa, but I do remember seeing my dad sneak past my room holding my new basketball.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? not usually.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I have enough Victorian ornaments to decorate a full tree, but lately, I have been decorating using ornaments from Clint's and my childhood. Hampton has a tree with his own ornaments too.

11. Snow? Love it or dread it? I like it, but we don't see it often. When we lived in Alabama, we'd get enough to stick about every 4-5 years. Of course, we get NO snow in South Florida. We're lucky if it drops below 60 in winter.

12. Can you ice skate? Uh, no. I can wobble around holding the rail, making a fool of myself.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Oh yeah...It was a softball glove. The most awesome one ever.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with my family and seeing everyone healthy and happy. Hampton's joy will be cool to see.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Divinity. But I also discovered Panettone last year. That stuff is AMAZING!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Opening gifts together Christmas morning.

17. What tops your tree? A big gold ribbon that cascades down the tree.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Both. I honestly LOVE to give more. But I love it when people care enough to give me something to let me know I was thought of (even tiny cheap things).

19. Candy Canes, yuck or yum? YUM.

20. Favorite Christmas show? It's a Wonderful Life

21. Saddest Christmas song? Christmas Shoes (by far!). That song makes me cry almost every time I hear it.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night, and I Want a Hippopatamus for Christmas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment